October 3, 2018
Premier Ball Congratulates Recipients of the Public Service Award of Excellence
At an event today at Confederation Building, the Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador acknowledged and celebrated the 21 recipients of this year’s Public Service Award of Excellence. Premier Ball was joined at the celebration by Ann Marie Hann, Clerk of the Executive Council.
The Public Service Award of Excellence is the highest honour that can be received by public service employees. The award recognizes individuals and teams for exceptional work performance and honours achievements in innovation, leadership, successful relationship building, and excellence in service delivery.
This year there were four individuals and one team honoured:
- Renee Byrne – Victim Services, Justice and Public Safety
- Robert Feaver – Student Financial Services Division, Advanced Education, Skills and Labour
- Barbara Kennedy – Adult Corrections, Justice and Public Safety
- Nancy Pike – Motor Registration Division, Service NL
- The Toward Recovery Team comprising Courtney Benoit, Monica Bull, Debbie Curtis, Dean Gambin, Justin Garrett, Michelle Healey, Gillian Hussey, Barbara Jackman, Niki Legge, Megan Morrison, Greg Radu, Colleen Simms, Melissa Sullivan, Linda Warford and Heather Yetman from Health and Community Services, Brad Clarke from Education and Early Childhood Development and Kellee Martin from Transportation and Works.
More information on the Public Service Award of Excellence, including biographies of current and past winners can be found by visiting - www.gov.nl.ca/excellence/.Quotes
“I congratulate the recipients of the Public Service Award of Excellence. They join a select group of employees who have been recognized for going above and beyond to deliver the critical programs and services that residents of the province depend on. I am proud of our public service and firmly believe in the bright future of our province due to the work they complete each and every day.”
Honourable Dwight Ball
Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
“It is an honour to participate in my second Public Service Award of Excellence ceremony and congratulate the four individuals and the 17 Toward Recovery team members we recognized today. They are shining examples of the talent, commitment and willingness to go that extra mile for the residents of this province and also their colleagues.”
Ann Marie Hann
Clerk of the Executive Council
- 30 -
Follow us on Twitter: @GovNL
Office of the Premier
2018 10 03 2:30 p.m.