Municipal Affairs and Environment
September 8, 2017

Minister Joyce Announces Rescue Vehicle for Upper Island Cove

The Honourable Eddie Joyce, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Environment, was joined by Pam Parsons, MHA for Harbour Grace - Port de Grave, in Upper Island Cove to announce a new rescue vehicle for the community.

The Provincial Government is providing approximately $202,000 for the rescue vehicle. The truck will be cost-shared, with the Provincial Government providing 80 per cent of the cost and the community providing the remaining 20 per cent. The total cost of the vehicle will be $278,000.

Budget 2017 includes an investment of $1.88 million for the replacement of fire protection vehicles and firefighting equipment program for 2017-18.

“I am proud of the strong relationship that our government has built with the fire departments that serve the communities in this region, including Upper Island Cove. This investment in a new rescue vehicle demonstrates our commitment to ensure that fire departments can offer the best service possible to residents.”
Honourable Eddie Joyce
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Environment

“I am pleased to see this investment in fire services for the community of Upper Island Cove. I would like to thank everyone who worked hard to procure funding for the new rescue vehicle. It will provide security for residents and benefit the community for years to come.”
Pam Parsons
MHA for Harbour Grace - Port de Grave

- 30 -

Learn More
Follow us on Twitter @MAE_GovNL external link and @GovNL external link

Media contacts
Lynn Robinson
Municipal Affairs and Environment
709-729-5449, 691-9466

Jillian Hood
Government Members Office

2017 09 08                              9:35 a.m.