Transportation and Works
October 14, 2016
Public Advisory - Road Updates Related to Flooding
The public is advised that due to the flooding and heavy rains there are still roads that continue to be closed or reduced to one lane of traffic.
Eastern and Avalon regions:
- No closures.
- Route 480 to Burgeo Closed. Helicopter and bus services in place to move residents from Burgeo on a priority basis.
- Route 330 – Between Musgrave Harbour and Aspen Cove – Closed – Expected to reopen tomorrow morning.
- Route 340 - Embree, Little Burnt Bay - One lane open
- Route 340 - Michael's Harbour - Open
- Route 341 - Brown's Arm - One lane open
- Route 3-1-09 - Norris Arm North - One lane open
- Route 346 - Cobb's Arm - One lane open
- Route 350 - Northern Arm, Charles Brook - One lane open
- Route 352 - Phillip's Head - Open
- Route 352 - Fortune Harbour Road - One lane open in sections
- Route 360 - Cat Brook - Open with reduced lanes in sections
- Route 360 - Conne River intersection - Open
- Route 361 - Swanger's Cove Bridge - Closed – Helicopter services on stand-by for emergencies. Work on culvert bypass ongoing.
- Route 361 - St. Veronica's - Open
- Route 361-10 – Morrisville - One lane open
- Route 364 – Hermitage Road - One lane open
- Route 364 – Hermitage to Seal Cove – Closed – Helicopter services on stand-by for emergencies.
- Route 370 – Buchan’s Highway - One lane open in sections.
*the above list is subject to change as work is completed or new areas requiring repairs are identified.
All other sections of the Trans-Canada Highway are open with some slowdowns between Terra Nova National Park and Badger.
Ongoing road updates are also posted on the department's website www.roads.gov.nl.ca/highwaydriving/winter_maintenance.stm
Individuals should not use the Newfoundland T'Railway system as an alternative route.
Updates on reopening and repairs will be provided as timelines become known.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Transportation and Works
2016 10 14 3:55 p.m.