Transportation and Works
October 12, 2016
Public Advisory - Road Updates Related to Flooding
The public is advised that due to flooding and heavy rains there are a number of roads that continue to be closed or reduced to one lane of traffic.
Eastern and Avalon regions:
- No closures.
- Route 480 to Burgeo, remains closed. Contractor is on site and the work is expected to take between one and two weeks to complete. A helicopter and bus services is in place to move residents from Burgeo on a priority basis.
- Route 330 - Between Musgrave Harbour and Aspen Cove - Closed
- Route 340 - Embree - One lane open
- Route 340 - Little Burnt Bay - One lane open
- Route 340 - Michael's Harbour - Open
- Route 341 - Brown's Arm - Closed - Expect one lane traffic this evening.
- Route 3-1-09 - Norris Arm North - One lane open
- Route 346 - Cobb's Arm - One lane open
- Route 350 - Northern Arm - One lane open
- Route 350 - Charles Brook - One lane open
- Route 352 - Phillip's Head - Open
- Route 352 - Fortune Harbour Road - Two sections impacted, one has opened, the remaining section expected to open for one lane traffic this evening
- Route 360 - Cat Brook - Open with reduced lanes in sections
- Route 360 - Conne River intersection - Open
- Route 361 - Swanger's Cove Bridge - Closed
- Route 361 - St. Veronica's - Open
- Route 364 - Hermitage Road - Closed - Expect to have one lane open tomorrow evening
- Route 370 - Valley Brook, km 35 - One lane open
- Route 370 - Buchan's Highway, km 40 - Closed - expect one lane to open later today
- Route 370 - Buchan's Highway, near Buchans Junction - Closed - expected to reopen on Friday
*the above list is subject to change as work is completed or new areas requiring repairs are identified.
Parks Canada advises that the Trans-Canada Highway in Terra Nova National Park is scheduled to reopen at 4:00 p.m.
All other sections of the Trans-Canada Highway are open with some slowdowns between Gander and Badger.
Ongoing road updates are also posted on the department's website www.roads.gov.nl.ca/highwaydriving/winter_maintenance.stm
Individuals should not use the Newfoundland T'Railway system as an alternative route.
Updates on reopening and repairs will be provided as timelines become known.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Transportation and Works
2016 10 12 3:25 p.m.