July 19, 2016
The following statement has been issued by the Public Service Commission at the request of the Honourable Clyde K. Wells, Chair of the Independent Appointments Commission:
Public Service Commission: Chair of Independent Appointments Commission Provides Update on Activities of the Commission
The Honourable Clyde K. Wells, Chair of the Independent Appointments Commission (IAC), today provided an update on the current opportunities under active recruitment by the IAC.
The IAC is currently seeking expressions of interest by individuals interested in serving in the following capacities:
- Board of Regents of the Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Consumer Advocate
- Nalcor Board of Directors
- Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro-Electric Corporation Board of Directors
- Teacher Pension Plan Corporation Board of Directors
- Newfoundland and Labrador Liquor Corporation Board of Directors
- C.A. Pippy Park Commission Board of Directors
- Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission Review Division – Review Commissioners
Members of the public interested in these opportunities, or interested in consideration for future opportunities on other provincial agencies, boards and commissions, are encouraged to visit the appointments website and online application portal which can be found at www.psc.gov.nl.ca/psc/abc/.
The Independent Appointments Commission was created by a resolution of the House of Assembly on May 25, 2016. The commission will carefully review the qualifications of candidates to those agencies, boards and commission listed in the Schedule to the Independent Appointments Commission Act, and through the use of a merit-based process, will provide recommendations to government on those potential appointees best qualified to perform the roles.
- 30 -
The Honourable Clyde K. Wells
Chair of the Independent Appointments Commission
2016 07 19 1:25 p.m.