Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
June 29, 2016
The following is being distributed at the request of The Rooms Corporation:
Commemorating the First World War
RBC contributes $250,000 to the Where Once They Stood We Stand Capital Campaign for First World War Commemoration at The Rooms
Colin Krulicki, Regional Vice-President, RBC, and Gary Corcoran, Vice-President and Branch Manager, RBC, presented Tom Foran, Chair and Dean Brinton, CEO of The Rooms Corporation, with a cheque for $250,000 towards the Where Once They Stood We Stand Capital Campaign.
"It is a great honour to be here today to present this donation to The Rooms for their Where Once They Stood We Stand Capital Fundraising Campaign. RBC recognises the importance of ensuring that the stories of Newfoundland and Labrador's military sacrifices are preserved for future generations and The Rooms continues to be a key story-teller in our province."
- Colin Krulicki, Regional Vice-President, RBC
On July 1, The Rooms has invited the people of Newfoundland and Labrador to join with them to pay tribute to all those who sacrificed and served the Province during First World War.
"The Rooms is proud to pay homage to our brave forefathers through this extraordinary new permanent gallery. On the eve of the 100th anniversary of one of the most formative events in the history of Newfoundland and Labrador, we are honoured to have RBC support us in capturing the remarkable story of the First World War and its profound impact on our history and culture. Without donors like RBC we would not be able to complete this very important project."
- Tom Foran, Chair of The Rooms Corporation and Co-Chair of The Rooms capital campaign
On Saturday July 2, and Sunday, July 3, The Rooms will offer free admission to the public and encourages the people of the province to come in and view The Royal Newfoundland Regiment Gallery.
- RBC is donating $250,000 towards the Where Once They Stood We Stand capital campaign.
- HRH, The Princess Royal, Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment will dedicate and open the Royal Newfoundland Gallery and the exhibition, Friday, July 1, at 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday July 2, and Sunday, July 3, The Rooms will offer free admission to the public.
- 30 -
Director Marketing and Development
2016 06 29 1:50 p.m.