July 21, 2017
Public Advisory: Chase the Ace Draw to Proceed Following Review
Service NL has completed a review of the July 19, 2017, Chase the Ace Draw at St. Kevin’s Parish in Goulds.
Service NL has determined that:
- There was a technical printing error which caused a small number of tickets to be produced with a duplicate number.
- Service NL is confident that there is a limited number of duplicate tickets, all of which bear the number 1378754.
- There is no information to suggest any intentional wrongdoing or fraudulent activity has taken place.
- There are sufficient anti-fraud mechanisms in the ticket printing process to prevent the production of counterfeit tickets.
As a result of Service NL’s review, it has been decided that the Chase the Ace draw and the accompanying 50/50 draw originally scheduled for July 19, 2017, will proceed on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. at St. Kevin’s Parish Hall.
No additional tickets will be sold for either of these draws.
Customers who hold Chase the Ace tickets purchased on July 19, 2017 with the number 1378754 will be provided with replacement tickets which will be entered in the July 26 draw.
To receive replacement tickets, ticket holders must present the duplicate tickets, along with photo identification, in person at the St. Kevin’s Parish office during these times:
- Monday, July 24: 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 25: 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 26: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
In the event that Ticket #1378754 is drawn on July 26, it will be declared invalid and another ticket will be drawn.
Current ticket holders who wish to participate in the July 26 draw should proceed to one of a minimum of three verification sites which will be confirmed by organizers and made known in advance of the draw date.
The ticket holder must be present at one of the verification sites in order to claim the prize.
- 30 -
2017 07 21 3:10 p.m.