Children, Seniors and Social Development
March 06, 2017
Recognizing Contributions and Achievements of Older Adults
Provincial Government Announces 2017 Seniors of Distinction Awards Call for Nominations
The Provincial Government is inviting individuals, groups and organizations to submit nominations for the 2017 Newfoundland and Labrador Seniors of Distinction Awards.
“This awards program celebrates seniors who are committing their time, energy, and experience toward making Newfoundland and Labrador a better place. I encourage everyone to think of an inspiring senior who is doing great work to create positive change in their communities and recognize that person with a nomination.”
- The Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
The awards program, which is an initiative of the Provincial Healthy Aging Policy, recognizes and celebrates the contributions, achievements and diversity of seniors throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. The deadline for submissions is April 21, 2017.
“Seniors play an integral role in shaping our communities by influencing others, promoting healthy aging and positively affecting the way we view older adults and aging. The Seniors of Distinction Awards recognize and applaud those who make such valuable contributions to our province.”
- The Honourable Sherry Gambin-Walsh, Minister of Children, Seniors and Social Development
To be eligible, a senior must be nominated by an individual or group, must be 50 years of age or older and be a current or past resident of Newfoundland and Labrador. Nominees will be considered for both voluntary and paid work, and nominations from last year will be reviewed again this year at the request of the nominee. Posthumous awards may also be given.
“The activities and contributions of older persons in our province play an integral role in improving the lives of others. I encourage all those who take on such roles to apply for this award and be recognized for the positive difference you make in our communities.”
- Leo Bonnell, Chairperson of the Provincial Advisory Council on Aging and Seniors
For more information and to download an application, visit: www.cssd.gov.nl.ca/seniors/sda/.
- The Provincial Government is accepting nominations for the 2017 Newfoundland and Labrador Seniors of Distinction Awards.
- The awards program recognizes and celebrates the contributions, achievements and diversity of seniors throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
- To be eligible, a senior must be nominated by an individual or group, must be 50 years of age or older and be a current or past resident of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The deadline for submission is April 21, 2017.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Office of the Premier
Media Relations Manger
Department of Children, Seniors and Social Development
Provincial Advisory Council on Aging and Seniors
2017 03 06 12:25 p.m.