Children, Seniors and Social Development
March 01, 2017
Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
Nutrition Month Focuses on Improving Relationship with Food
March is National Nutrition Month and the theme of this year’s campaign is “Take the fight out of food. Spot the problem. Get the facts. Seek support.”
“Our government is committed to focusing on policies and practices and creating environments that are supportive of good health and well-being. Nutrition Month is an opportunity to focus on healthy eating and as noted in The Way Forward, we will continue to support initiatives that help increase awareness and engage individuals and communities to take actions to support healthy living.”
- The Honourable Sherry Gambin-Walsh, Minister of Children, Seniors and Social Development
Nutrition Month is an initiative of Dietitians of Canada. With more than 100 members in Newfoundland and Labrador, the association also represents registered dietitians across the country. The goal of this year’s campaign is to provide information and guidance to help Canadians end their fight with food.
“Eating can be joyful and pleasurable, but it can also be a source of everyday frustration and confusion. With accurate information and a good support system, Canadians will be better equipped to make decisions about food, minimize their nutrition-related struggles, and have a more positive relationship with food.”
- Lisa Dooley, Chair, Dietitians of Newfoundland and Labrador
For more information on Nutrition Month, including how you can ‘Take the Pledge’ to eat healthier, residents can visit: www.dietitians.ca/nutritionmonth.
- March is Nutrition Month in Canada. This year’s theme is “Take the fight out of food. Spot the problem. Get the facts. Seek support.”
- Nutrition Month is an initiative of Dietitians of Canada, which has more than 100 members in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The 2017 campaign is dedicated to supporting Canadians in stopping their struggles with food.
- For more information about Nutrition Month, visit: www.dietitians.ca/nutritionmonth.
- 30 -
Media Relations Manager
Department of Children, Seniors and Social Development
Dietitians of Newfoundland and Labrador
2017 03 01 10:50 a.m.