Transportation and Works
October 13, 2016
Public Advisory - Road Updates Related to Flooding
The public is advised that due to the flooding and heavy rains there are still roads that continue to be closed or reduced to one lane of traffic.
Eastern and Avalon regions:
- No closures.
- Route 480 to Burgeo remains closed. Contractor is on site and the work is expected to take between one and two weeks to complete. A helicopter and bus services is in place to move residents from Burgeo on a priority basis.
- Route 330 - Between Musgrave Harbour and Aspen Cove - Closed
- Route 340 - Embree, Little Burnt Bay - One lane open
- Route 340 - Michael's Harbour - Open
- Route 341 - Brown's Arm - One lane open
- Route 3-1-09 - Norris Arm North - One lane open
- Route 346 - Cobb's Arm - One lane open
- Route 350 - Northern Arm, Charles Brook - One lane open
- Route 352 - Phillip's Head - Open
- Route 352 - Fortune Harbour Road - Two sections impacted, one has opened, the remaining section expected to open for one lane traffic this evening
- Route 360 - Cat Brook - Open with reduced lanes in sections
- Route 360 - Conne River intersection - Open
- Route 361 - Swanger's Cove Bridge - Closed
- Route 361 - St. Veronica's - Open
- Route 364 - Hermitage Road - Closed - Expect to have one lane open this evening
- Route 370 - Valley Brook, km 35 - One lane open
- Route 370 - Buchan's Highway, km 40 - One lane open
- Route 370 - Buchan's Highway, near Buchans Junction - Closed - expected to reopen on Friday
*the above list is subject to change as work is completed or new areas requiring repairs are identified.
All other sections of the Trans-Canada Highway are open with some slowdowns between Terra Nova National Park and Badger.
Ongoing road updates are also posted on the department's website www.roads.gov.nl.ca/highwaydriving/winter_maintenance.stm
Individuals should not use the Newfoundland T'Railway system as an alternative route.
Updates on reopening and repairs will be provided as timelines become known.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Transportation and Works
2016 10 13 3:20 p.m.