February 10, 2016
Recognizing Our Residents
Order of Newfoundland and Labrador Recognizes Outstanding Contributions; Deadline for Nominations is February 28
The Honourable Frank F. Fagan, Lieutenant Governor of Newfoundland and Labrador, together with the Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, are reminding all residents that the deadline to nominate a deserving individual for the province's most prestigious award, the Order of Newfoundland and Labrador, is Sunday, February 28.
“The Order recognizes the contributions and achievements of our residents in areas as diverse as human rights and tourism. This award acknowledges those who work hard to enrich the lives of our citizens and help make our communities stronger.”
- The Honourable Frank F. Fagan, Lieutenant Governor of Newfoundland and Labrador
At a formal ceremony, the Lieutenant Governor of Newfoundland and Labrador, as Chancellor of the Order, presents each recipient with a medal bearing the shield of Newfoundland and Labrador surmounted by the Crown. Members receive a certificate signed by the chancellor and sealed with the seal of the Order, as well as a lapel pin. Members of the Order are also entitled to use the initials O.N.L. after their names.
“As I travel this great province I see first-hand the people who demonstrate an unwavering commitment to their communities, giving so much of themselves for those around them. The Order is a fitting acknowledgement of all their hard work and sacrifices to make this province a better place for all of us.”
- The Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
The deadline to nominate an individual for the Order is Sunday, February 28. For more information on the Order and the nomination process, please visit www.gov.nl.ca/onl.
- The Order of Newfoundland and Labrador nomination deadline date is February 28.
- Information on the Order, past recipients and the nomination process is available online at www.gov.nl.ca/onl.
- Since it was established in 2004, 82 deserving individuals have received the Order of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Office of the Premier
Private Secretary to the Lieutenant Governor
2016 02 10 10:45 a.m.