Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
February 17, 2016
Province’s Marketing Efforts Shine on International Stage
Tourism Campaign Wins Best in Show at the 2015 Adrian Awards
Newfoundland and Labrador’s Find Yourself tourism marketing campaign has won the Best in Show at the 2015 Adrian Awards, which is presented by Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI). Best in Show is HSMAI’s highest honour and is selected from platinum winners in the advertising, digital marketing and public relations categories.
“As HSMAI’s utmost recognition in marketing excellence, the Best in Show win is the most prestigious award an international tourism hospitality marketing advertising campaign can win and is one of the highest honours our campaign has received to date. With 1,350 submissions, 2015 marked the highest number of entries in HSMAI’s 59-year history. I am delighted with our outstanding performance among North America’s top platinum winners. It is especially gratifying that the creative excellence of the Find Yourself Campaign was the product of our home-grown Agency of Record, Target Marketing.”
- The Honourable Christopher Mitchelmore, Minister of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
Tourism is a vital component of the provincial economy that supports jobs and businesses, particularly in rural areas, making the industry a significant part of building and sustaining the province’s regional economy. Recent statistics on the industry include:
- Newfoundland and Labrador welcomed more than 1.5 million non-resident visitors from 2012 to 2014.
- Residents made more than 10 million trips throughout the province from 2012 to 2014.
- Employment in the tourism industry represents approximately eight per cent of total jobs in the provincial economy.
“Tourism is a labour intensive sector that is producing good jobs in both urban and rural communities. Employment in the tourism industry is a significant part of building and sustaining the province’s business community and this level of success would not be possible without the over 2,500 tourism and travel businesses throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.”
- Minister Mitchelmore
Since 2006, Newfoundland and Labrador tourism marketing has won 52 Adrian Awards from HSMAI, including five Platinum awards. HSMAI is an international organization of sales and marketing professionals representing all segments of hospitality, travel and tourism. The HSMAI Adrian Awards honour creative brilliance and best practices in hospitality, travel, and tourism-related marketing. In its 59th year, the competition has evolved into the world’s most renowned and prestigious advertising, public relations, and digital marketing competition specifically tailored for the hospitality, travel, and tourism industries.
- Newfoundland and Labrador’s Find Yourself marketing campaign won Best in Show at the 2015 Adrian Awards.
- The Find Yourself tourism campaign has received over 240 awards to date, including a Grand Prix CASSIE for Canadian Advertising Success Stories
- The Find Yourself campaign was developed by Target Marketing. As a result of a Request for Proposals issued last year, Target Marketing has been confirmed as the tourism Agency of Record.
- For a full list of the 2015 winners and more information on the Adrian Awards, visit: www.adrianawards.com .
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
2016 02 17 10:35 a.m.