Transportation and Works
October 22, 2015
Building Infrastructure to Connect Communities
Provincial Government Announces New Roadwork in Port de Grave Region
Roadwork valued at $665,000 is underway in the Port de Grave region. The work is being carried out by Concord Paving Ltd. of Carbonear and includes paving, drainage improvements and culvert replacements. The roadwork is anticipated to be completed this construction season.
“Through the 2015 Provincial Roads Program, our government has worked diligently to ensure priority infrastructure needs throughout Newfoundland and Labrador are being addressed. An investment of $665,000 in the Port de Grave region will undoubtedly have a significant and positive impact on residents, businesses and visitors to the area.”
- The Honourable David Brazil, Minister of Transportation and Works
The following work is included in this project:
- Cold plane, pulverize and pave approximately 0.85 kilometres of Route 70-17, Brazil’s Hill towards Cranes Road and 0.75 kilometres of Route 70 at South River Hill;
- Drainage improvements and repaving approximately 0.2 kilometres of Route 72 at Port de Grave;
- Culvert replacement and timber crib construction on Route 70 at Clarke’s Beach; and
- Road upgrading in Bishop’s Cove.
“These infrastructure investments reflect the steady ongoing investment this government has made in the District of Port de Grave to improve our transportation network. This project will reduce the risk of flooding, make our roads safer and enhance the roads in the region, making them more user-friendly for residents and the motoring public.”
- Glenn Littlejohn, MHA for Port de Grave
Budget 2015 allocated $317.9 million in priority infrastructure projects, including $204 million for provincial roads, bridges and other road work. High quality transportation infrastructure is integral to the social and economic growth of Newfoundland and Labrador, which are key elements of the recently launched Population Growth Strategy. For more information on the strategy visit http://homeforgoodnl.ca .
- Roadwork valued at $665,000 is underway in the Port de Grave region.
- The work is being carried out by Concord Paving Ltd. of Carbonear and includes paving, drainage improvements and culvert replacements.
- Budget 2015 allocated $317.9 million in priority infrastructure projects, including $204 million for provincial roads, bridges and other road work.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Transportation and Works
Constituency Assistant to Glenn Littlejohn
MHA Port de Grave
2015 10 22 9:45 a.m.