Transportation and Works
October 7, 2015
Strengthening Road Infrastructure
Roads in Terra Nova Region Undergoing Rehabilitation Work
Roadwork valued at over $1.2 million is underway in the Terra Nova region as part of the 2015 Provincial Roads Program. The contract, awarded to J-1 Contracting Limited, includes road rehabilitation, paving and the installation of culvert concrete end treatments. All work is anticipated to be completed this construction season.
"Through the 2015 Provincial Roads Program, the Provincial Government has undertaken a significant amount of roadwork throughout the province this construction season. This work supports residents, businesses and visitors by providing an enhanced transportation network for the flow of people and goods. High quality transportation infrastructure is integral to the social and economic growth of Newfoundland and Labrador, which are key elements of the recently launched Population Growth Strategy.”
- The Honourable David Brazil, Minister of Transportation and Works
The following work is included in this project:
- Upgrading and paving of 0.6 kilometres of Route 310 near Sandringham and over one kilometre on Route 310-11 in Traytown;
- Rehabilitation of two sections of Route 310-13 in Cull’s Harbour;
- Paving of 1.5 kilometres of Route 310-37-1 in Burnside;
- Supply and placement of Maintenance Grade 1 on sections of Route 310-41 and Route 310-42 in St. Brendan’s; and
- Installation of concrete end treatments on Penney’s Brook culvert on Route 310 in Glovertown.
“Once again this year we see significant roadwork investment in the Terra Nova region. These projects will be appreciated by local residents and the many tourists that frequent this area of the province. Most importantly, this work will increase safety on these roadways – a continued focus of government.”
- The Honourable Sandy Collins, Minister of Child, Youth and family Services and MHA for Terra Nova
Budget 2015 allocated $317.9 million in priority infrastructure projects, including $204 million for provincial roads, bridges and other road work.
- Roadwork valued at over $1.2 million is underway in the Terra Nova region as part of the 2015 Provincial Roads Program.
- The contract with J-1 Contracting Limited includes road rehabilitation, paving and the installation of culvert concrete end treatments.
- Work has commenced in the communities of Sandringham, Traytown, Cull’s Harbour, Burnside, St. Brendan’s and Glovertown, and will be completed this construction season.
- This work is integral to the social and economic growth of Newfoundland and Labrador, which are key elements of the recently launched Population Growth Strategy. More information about the strategy can be found at homeforgoodnl.ca .
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Transportation and Works
Constituency Assistant to the Honourable Sandy Collins
MHA for Terra Nova
2015 10 08 2:15 p.m.