Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
April 1, 2015
Supporting Communities Through Strategic Investments
Marystown Hotel and Convention Rolls Out New Marketing Plan with the Help of Provincial Government Funding
A Provincial Government investment of $32,750 has been provided to the Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre to assist the business implement a new marketing campaign and upgrade its website. The new marketing materials will enhance travellers' ability to find the hotel through search engines, while also improving online booking.
"Supporting businesses like the Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre to strengthen their operations is a priority of this government. This investment will help improve the ability of the hotel to implement marketing activities and fully capitalize on the growing economic opportunities on the Burin Peninsula. The refurbished Marystown Hotel will provide travellers with enhanced accommodation options, adding to the province's tourism offerings and further highlighting the effectiveness of government investments in advancing economic activity in rural Newfoundland and Labrador."
- The Honourable Darin King, Minister of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
The Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre is the only full service hotel on the Burin Peninsula offering meeting and restaurant facilities, in addition to accommodations.
"Once again, this government's commitment to helping improve and expand businesses, such as the Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre, is evident in the funding received to continue the growth in the tourism industry."
- The Honourable Clyde Jackman, Minister of Seniors, Wellness and Social Development and MHA for Burin - Placentia West
The hotel has recently undergone a substantial renovation including the complete renovation of all hotel guest rooms, refurbishment of meeting spaces, as well as the installation of air conditioning system upgrades.
"The financing provided by the Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development will assist the Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre in marketing the hotel and local tourism attractions on the Heritage Run, which we are confident will translate into increased business and tourism activity for the Burin Peninsula."
- Brenda Stapleton, General Manager, Marystown Hotel & Convention Centre
Employment in the tourism industry represents approximately eight per cent of total jobs in the provincial economy, making the industry a significant part of building and sustaining the province's business community. Funding was made available through the Business Development Fund which supports a number of initiatives and assists companies and organizations, such as the Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre, to increase their capacity and expand their marketing strategies.
- The Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre has received $32,750 in Provincial Government funding in support of a new marketing campaign.
- Over $36 million is available through the Business Development Fund to help businesses grow and compete in local, national, and global markets and sponsors trade missions to promote trade opportunities for local businesses.
- The Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development offers a wide range of services to businesses and economic development organizations. Additional information on programs can be found at: www.ibrd.gov.nl.ca/sectordev/index.html.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre
Constituency Assistant to the
Honourable Clyde Jackman
MHA for Burin - Placentia West
2015 04 01 10:20 a.m.