July 2, 2014
Strengthening and Enhancing Communities
$829,000 Invested in Capital Works Funding for Burin-Placentia West
The Provincial Government is joining with the towns of Baine Harbour and Burin, to provide a total of $829,000 in cost-shared funding for important water system upgrade projects.
“Improved municipal infrastructure throughout our province is important, and allows for the growth of our communities. Responsible investments in municipal and regional projects strengthen communities, enabling them to meet the needs of families. This investment of $829,000 will assist with providing clean drinking water which is so important to residents in the area.”
- The Honourable Steve Kent, Minister of Municipal and Intergovernmental Affairs
The Town of Baine Harbour will see a cost-shared investment of $80,000 to drill a new well and upgrade service connections which will enhance drinking water for residents. The Town of Burin will see a cost-shared investment of $749,000 to improve chlorination in the drinking water for residents in the area.
“Having clean drinking water is essential to all communities and residents. This investment will ensure improvements in water quality for residents and is an example of how the Provincial Government is continuing to invest in rural Newfoundland and Labrador.”
- The Honourable Clyde Jackman, Minister of Child, Youth and Family Services and MHA for Burin - Placentia West
Budget 2014: Shared Prosperity, Fair Society, Balanced Outlook, allocates $200 million for a three-year program for municipal infrastructure projects.
- $829,000 is being invested in capital works funding for the District of Burin - Placentia West.
- Funding for the projects is being cost-shared, with the Provincial Government providing 90 per cent and the towns of Baine Harbour and Burin providing the remaining 10 per cent.
- Budget 2014 allocates $200 million for a three-year program for municipal infrastructure projects.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Municipal and Intergovernmental Affairs
Constituency Assistant to
Clyde Jackman, MHA for Burin - Placentia West
2014 07 02 3:45 p.m.